Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Closer Look at Wes Craven's MY SOUL TO TAKE trailer

Inspired by a difference of opinion regarding the MY SOUL TO TAKE trailer (I haven't seen the film yet), I've decided to take a closer look at why it seems so damned familiar.



In the trailer, we see a teenager enter a locker room, where he sees another teenager floating in a shower stall...


... which reminds me of the woman floating in a shower scene from NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 5.


The trailer also has walls covered with scratchy drawings...




... which remind me of the walls covered with scratchy drawings in the recent NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET remake.


This one might be a stretch, but did anyone else see this shot of a girl through the windows of what appears to be a dollhouse...


... and remember this scene of Patricia Arquette - shot through the windows of a model house she was making in NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 3?


More obviously, did anyone see these scenes in the trailer...




... and not think of Freddy?






As an added bonus, there's this scene where The Ripperton Ripper breaks through this door...


... which reminds me of this iconic scene from Halloween.


Opinions?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice observations. I thought some of the same things, especially the hand coming through the wall scene. Saw the movie tonight, and I definitely thought it had some "Elm Street" vibe to it, especially the exterior of the house that was used. I enjoyed it.